James Morrison’ incredible third album “The Awakening” has just been released on Island Records.
The album, his first for the label, was produced by Bernard Butler and was recorded at Konk studios in London. It follows the huge global success of James’s previous two albums which, together, have sold more than 4.5 million copies worldwide. His 2006 debut album “Undiscovered” topped the UK album chart whilst the 2008 follow-up album “Songs For You, Truths For Me” included “Broken Strings”, the collaboration with Nelly Furtado which sold in excess of 1.5 million copies.
“The Awakening” also includes an amazing collaboration, this time with Jessie J on the track “Up”. This, and one other track, was produced by Mark Taylor. All other tracks were produced by Bernard Butler.
James Morrison said; “Working with Bernard Butler on this album has brought a whole new dimension to the songs. For me this album combines influences stemming from my deep love for classic soul – Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding – with a sound that is contemporary. Making the album coincided with some very big changes in my life and I think it’s very evident from the music that this is the album I not only wanted to make but that I actually had to make right now”.
James Morrison headlines Belsonic at Custom House Square on Saturday August 25th. Tickets on sale Monday 27th February.
Saturday August 25th: James Morrison + Newton Faulkner,The Coronas & Gareth Dunlop
Artists » James Morrison
There are multiple artists called James Morrison:
1) an English singer-songwriter from Rugby
2) an Australian jazz musician who plays numerous instruments; best known for his trumpet playing
3) a notable south Sligo-style Irish fiddler. 1. James Morrison (born James Morrison Catchpole on August 13, 1984) is a singer-songwriter from Rugby, Warwickshire, England. He says that his musical influences include Al Green, Otis Redding, Cat Stevens and The Kinks.
Read more about James Morrison on Last.fm.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- You Give Me Something
- I Won't Let You Go
- Broken Strings
- Wonderful World
- You Make It Real
- Please Don't Stop the Rain
- The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore
- This Boy
- Nothing Ever Hurt Like You